Friday, January 6, 2012

Thoughts, Plans, Ponderings and Goals for 2012

I have spent this first week of 2012 reading blogs I enjoy and receiving much encouragement and inspiration for the year ahead. Many of them are sharing their Home-Sweet goals for 2012 and showing how they work it out throughout the year. My heart is full to overflowing with all the things I would like to accomplish here at my own Home-Sweet.

I was tossing around the idea to start a new blog. A blog to talk about loving the Lord and our family. To share handiwork, homesteading, frugality, recipes, books and articles that are pertinent to keepers at home. A blog that offers encouragement to women who are just discovering God's design for His daughters even though they've attended church for years. A blog that walks women through the process of making their home a priority. A place where sisters can share their own testimonies and encourage one another in the Lord.

Then I realized that this very blog is the ideal place to do all of that. I have not been as consistent as I would have liked blogwise in the past. I have not shared all the things that might have inspired you as I walked through my last years imperfectly. It's been a process, this conversion experience, and the Lord has patiently led me and guided me along this path.

I believe that God has opened the door and has given me the 'go ahead' to begin blogging and sharing on a daily basis. There is so much I desire to share. Even things that seem small to me may bless someone somewhere who is having a hard time of it.

So, while I should have posted my thoughts, plans, ponderings and goals all this week, I will share some next week and then get on with the process.

My hope is to inspire you and cheer you on to humbly walk this straight, narrow and difficult path-our Lord's Way with a heart to learn of Him and be transformed into His image. He is altogether lovely and He makes all things beautiful in His time. He is all about taking our ashes and giving us beauty, giving us the oil of joy for mourning and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. Why? That we might be trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that HE may be glorified!

I am looking forward to walking this year out following my Savior, Jesus Christ!

Most Hallowed, Heavenly Father, I commit all my thoughts, plans, ponderings and goals to You. Please help me to drop those things that are not what You have in mind for me and help me to obey the leading of Your Holy Spirit each day. Help all my Sisters who are also Followers of 'The Way' to do the same. Help us to grow and be willing to go through the fire. Burn off the dross so only Your image and likeness are seen. Thank you that you are the Author and Finisher of our faith and that You will never leave us nor forsake us. We praise you and love you because You first loved us. In Jesus Name we pray that Your Kingdom would come and Your will would be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Thank you Lord-Amen

Seek the Lord as you prepare another year to be a blessing in the Home-Sweet Things.

No comments: