Saturday, January 7, 2012

Commit Your Way and Works to the Lord

Commit your way to the Lord; trust also in Him; and he shall bring it to pass. Psalm 37:15

Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts shall be established. Proverbs 16:3

Commit your way and works to the Lord; your thoughts shall be established; he shall bring it to pass.

These scriptures came to mind whilst I was outside working on some tasks that needed doing. In all my thoughts about goals, plans, and organization for this coming year, I've been praying about how to put it all together, but today I have realized the necessity of sincerely placing each one before the Lord and asking which ones are acceptable and worthy of the time He gives me each day (all of us each day): 24 hours.

This putting together of my year is so new to me. I have been organizing my home, which was no small feat. Anyone who has truly been a clutter-bug can appreciate how long it takes to truly come to terms with decluttering. How difficult it can be to figure out what to keep, what to give away, what to throw away and what to sell. It took a long time and a whole lot of effort to get as far as I have-through major flare-ups of fibromyalgia and other life dealings. God be praised! He blessed me with the strength to do it and the presence of mind to keep things in eternal perspective, always keeping in front of my mind the scripture telling us to "love not the world or the or the things of the world, for if you do the love of the Father is not in you".

At any rate, organizing my time is an altogether new concept for me. Wow! And how could I not understand God's heart in the matter? Am I slow or what? God, in His unfathomable mercy has now given me a new task. That of fulfilling Psalm 90:12, "So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts to wisdom." This I cannot do in my own strength-no way!! I need the wisdom of the One who knows the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10). And so, with that to ponder, I turn all my works and ways over to my Father who knows infinitely more than my simple brain can imagine, Whose ways are higher than my ways and Whose thoughts are higher than mine.

It may take me longer than some of the ladies I've been reading about, who have a bit more experience with time organization than I do. But I am determined to utilize the time I have left in life for God's glory, each nanosecond, if it's in my capacity. I honestly do not wish any longer to waste time with stupidity or frivolity, frittering away time as if I've got loads of it. At my age, if God permits, and I live as a blade of grass, the sun is up and shining and the day is nearing it's mid-to-late afternoon. There really are some things I'd like to accomplish while here and if I keep it as it's going, I realize that may not happen.

We are not stewards of our time, we are stewards of God's time, of the time He allows us, of the time He grants us. And when my little tiny brain, in comparison to God's infinite wisdom ponders Psalm 90:12, I cannot help but place myself in the palm of God's all-sufficient, merciful hand and beg forgiveness for the time I've wasted and humbly ask that He teach me to 'number my days, that I may apply my heart to wisdom'.

To Him Be All The Glory as I place this insignificant life in His mighty hand to do His all-knowing will. May I be a vessel for honor, to honor my King. Amen.

Seek the Lord, Who alone grants wisdom and blesses us with learning time on earth to bring Him glory in our Home-Sweet Things.

No comments: