Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Meditation-Take My Life

Today I'll share two Scriptures and a Hymn that I believe best expresses the right 'posture' we should have regarding them.

(Exodus 32:29) "For Moses had said, Consecrate yourselves today to the Lord,..."

(Luke 9:23-26)  "And He said to them all, If any man will come after Me, let him;

deny himself,
and take up his cross daily,
and follow me.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for My sake, the same shall save it. For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? For whosoever shall be ashamed of Me and of My words, of him shall the Son of Man be ashamed, when He shall come in His own glory, and in His Father's, and of the Holy angels."

What is our response to the verse above? I pray we let this song be our daily theme. I only share the music so you know the tune, but he leaves out Verse 4 which is sad, because if we do not have that attitude, is Jesus really our Lord OR is it our way to save our lives and make it into heaven (which will not work out right)?



Take My Life and Let It Be


1. Take my life and let it be
   Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
   Take my hands, and let them move
   At the impulse of Thy love,
   At the impulse of Thy love.


2. Take my feet, and let them be
   Swift and beautiful for Thee;
   Take my voice, and let me sing
   Always, only for my King,
   Always, only, for my King.


3. Take my lips, and let them be
   Filled with messages from Thee;
   Take my silver and my gold,
   Not a mite would I withhold,
   Not a mite would I withhold.


4. Take my will and make it Thine;
   It shall be no longer mine;
   Take my heart, it is Thine own!
   It shall be Thy royal throne,
   It shall be Thy royal throne.


5. Take my love; my Lord, I pour
   At Thy feet its treasure store;
   Take my self, and I will be,
   Ever, only, all for Thee,
   Ever, only, all for Thee.


                        Amen

Almighty God, my Father, what do I have to offer You? Only my 'self', broken and marred. Please,take my surrendered 'will', and make it fit for Your own use. It's not about 'me' when I desire to walk with Christ, in obedience, it's ALL about Him. I want to understand that, and in that truth, break me free from the grip of this wicked world and its death sting, and set me free, not to do 'my' will, but Your eternal, perfect will; unashamed before God and man. In Jesus' the Christ's Name, Amen

 Blessed be the Holy One who reveals this truth to us; only we must desire it with all our hearts, even at the cost of our very lives.



No comments: