Thursday, January 26, 2012

Some Changes and a Poem

Perhaps you are noticing that it looks a bit different around the Home-Sweet...you are correct!

I am trying out some new page designs and adding some things. January is such a month for new beginnings-isn't it?

I will be working on a neato new spiffy header over the weekend, so you'll have to bear with the off-centered old header that's up there now. I cannot figure out how to center it (I am a centering freak)-which is driving me bananas!!!!!

But at any rate, I'll keep posting in the meantime and hope you can ignore the offset header.

Tomorrow I am going to show a fun thingy I did with my dining room switchplate cover-just adding a bit of color and accentuate the place! I'm for color...I've simplified it and had it that way while I rethought some things, but now I think it's alright to add a bit of color here and there.

For now, I will share a little poem on hospitality-which is a gift from God and also something He wants us all to show to each other and those who are not treated so good in this world! It's from an old book I have called, "Mother, Home and Heaven".



Hospitality
by Oliver Goldsmith

Blest be that spot where cheerful guests retire
To pause from toil, and trim their evening fire;
Blest that abode, where want and pain repair,
And every stranger finds a ready chair:

Blest be those feasts with simple plenty crown'd,
Where all the ruddy family around
Laugh at the jest or pranks, that never fail,
Or sigh with pity at some mournful tale,
Or press the bashful stranger to his food,
And learn the luxury of doing good.


Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow. Magnify Him and be thankful for a home, of whatever sort that you can bring others into and bless them with comfort and rest and food and whatever Home-Sweet Things He has given you. Thank you Father! In Jesus Name, Amen!


No comments: