Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Announcing - Spring!!!

Yes, that's right...it's finally decent enough out to bring on a good ole' fashioned Spring Cleaning Binge! Finally, windows can be thrown open and that fresh, sweet spring air can come in and purify this stuffy place! It definitely smells like spring outside now. Signs of spring are all about!

Peepers Peeping! Daffodils peeking their little heads out of the ground. And for me, the first and long awaited 'Spring Is Here' announcement...CROCUSES!

Just by chance, Lydia found this confirmation of the season yesterday:



Today there were even more yellow crocuses glowing here and there! Now we wait for the white and purple ones.

I took a stroll around to see what other signs of green I could find and saw daffodils stretching green arms out of brown leafy beds toward the sun. Now it's time to rake away winter deadness to make way for life!


(Truth be told there will be no shortage of raking going on around here! Wow!)

I was reminded of the Wordsworth poem entitled "Daffodils" but I will wait to share it when these are truly golden.

I've been working on projects and handiwork to spruce up my 'Creative Corner of the World' or my 'Inspiration Spot' or whatever I end up calling it, here in the living room.

I really like all colors and it is so hard for me to choose, but I would have to say the predominant colors in every room are aqua, red and white. Other colors go too, but these are the ones that stick out the most and are the deciding factor on what Home-Sweet Decor/Things help decorate the rooms. So, I have been having fun with these colors and others that compliment them in deciding which favorite things will take up space in this corner of my living room. It is my own corner and it's where I pray and read my Bible and plan my day and write and work and dream.

Tomorrow I will hang a little shelf I've painted for the corner. It's been in my basement for eons. I do not even know where I got it anymore, but I cannot wait to start putting some things up that I enjoy and that will inspire me. But that's for tomorrow.

I pray you are enjoying Home-Sweet Spring in your neck of the woods and that you remember to give thanks to the Father for teaching us patience and endurance through the long winter. The season of rest is over once more and the season of work begins! Praise Him for the gift of renewal in spring and the promise He gave Noah in Genesis 8:22 - "As long as earth remains, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease." He is faithful!




No comments: