Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday Catching Up

Well, Monday is past and Tuesday is nearly over, so I thought I should put up a post to share what I've been up to for a couple of days.

Writing Desk is fitting in nicely, awaiting his color choice.  I have not ventured out for color swatches yet. I thought I'd go to Home Depot to see what they have. Not sold on green or pink yet, it it gets too crazy, I'll put it in a hat and choose.

I worked on the top shelf backing for Book Case. I must admit, I was totally and extremely filled with pins and needles of glee when I stepped back and gazed upon the frutition of what I imagined it would look like. It came out quite apiffy, if I do say so myself. It's done in a quilting style, only with scrapbook paper. You know me, I love the many things one can do with scrapbook paper!!! My Sweet Mommy sent paper home with me the last time I went to visit in Illinois-thanks Mom!! :)

Here is a peek:






this is the nearly finished product
of the top shelf of Mr. Book Case
I think it looks just like a quilt...and it inspires me to sew one now. Just a simple patchwork. I always wanted to make a quilt for each of my children. This certainly whets my appetite!

This Sunday past I cooked rabbit for the first time. A friend told me her children call rabbit '4-legged chicken' and I can see why. The meat cooks white like chicken, and really, it's close to chicken in flavor and texture. This has sent me to reconsidering breeding meat rabbits now and waiting on angoras for a bit. They were YUMMY!! I could not get my 'eldest' daughter, Nettie, to try any though...I guess she's just too citified (well, it's a long story really about pin feathers on chickens...).

Here is another pic for your perusal:


this is some of the rabbit from the frying pan ready to be baked

The whole process was really quite simple. I spiced up some flour with lots of thyme, salt, pepper, garlic powder and stuff...friend them on the stovetop, then moved them to the oven until the meat pulls from the bone...about an hour or so. I did not get a photo of the finished product because we were hungry from the yummy smell and it was devoured...sorry! I'll try better next time!

One last post and ending with a tidbit of a new painterly project for the ever-working painty brush!



What a task to get these to take the spiffy high gloss white paint! This will take a while, but it will be worth it. I am going to make myself a 'wonder wall'...or a 'dream wall' or an 'inspiration wall'...whatever you like to call it, I will be hanging things that I like there!

I did not forget about sharing my many beloved pets. I want them to look their best and most fresh...and it seems all our photos are of them sleeping...like this...


...and so now I will leave you with this sleepy keke...

God bless your Home-Sweet.

What projects have you been working on?



No comments: