Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Little While



Reward and Service

The sweetest lives are those to duty wed,
Whose deeds both great and small
Are close-knit strands of an unbroken thread,
Where love enobles all.
The world may sound no trumpets, ring no bells,
The Book of Life the slurring record tells.

Thy love shall chant its own beatitudes,
After its own like working. A child's kiss
Set on thy singing lips shall make thee glad;
A poor man served by thee shall make thee rich;
A sick man helped by thee shall make thee strong;
Thou shalt be served thyself by every sense
Of service which thou renderest.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning





Hello my Dears. I know it's been a bit since my last post. I wanted to get on here and say "Hello" and let you know everything's alright, I've just been very busy. Too busy, and now it feels good to know I will be home preparing this house for Thanksgiving feast in a few weeks.

I did get some pretty primitive harvest decor out and played with it in my living room. I took photos and will share a few tomorrow since it's so late now. I was inspired by a magazine page and totally went bonkers changing color schemes and decided to bring out the browns and the yellow/tea-stained things and the old books and the old prints of birds. It was all with things I already had stored and tucked here and there in my stash (remember-I told you I was a collector!).



Now I am looking for something suitable to make curtains out of for the winter. I was going to make window quilts-but for the living room at least I will make some heavy-type curtains that can be pulled back in the day. So that is my newest quest for my home-some type of woolen or wool blend cloth to make pretty, yet practical curtains with.

Well, it is late and I don't want to dwell on here too long. Tomorrow I can share other things with you.

I pray you are all well. I pray the Lord keeps you and your families. I pray He is still revealing ways you can keep the Home-sweet things.

x0

No comments: