Friday, May 6, 2016

It's Okay To Be You...You Are His Workmanship

 Dear Ones,

 How horrible of me to dump a gray, foggy post in the middle of "Intentional Home-Sweet" encouragement! But I wanted to encourage you, really!


I used to think it was wrong of me to care for myself. That it was selfish and self-centered. It wasn't that I was playing the martyr...it was just what I believed. I don't know where I even got that idea. It could stem from my childhood abuses...my thought that if I did everything perfect...then things would turn out better, but really they never did. Still there was always the striving to get it right and perfect would happen and we would all live happily ever after. It stayed with me. It is still with me, once in a while breaking out of the box I have stuffed it in, or I guess attempting to convince me that it could resurrect after I laid it at the foot of the cross.


I would see pretty posters and pretty pages with sayings all over the internet saying things like "You Are Enough" or "Be You" or "You Are Going To Be Okay"...and I would think to myself that it was not alright to say these things. That it was selfish or self-centered or psychology. But I have come to believe differently over the last few months.



Okay...these could be taken way out of context, but coming from a background of abuse and overcoming much and still having much to overcome...for a person who constantly strives to be what everyone else thinks she should be and say and do and not wanting to mess up so as not to disappoint them...for being tired because of it all...for being tired because I'm still stuck in this flesh suit until the day I die or the Day of the Lord, whichever comes first...



...these are exactly the things I need to hear. These are exactly the things we need to hear from one another. We only need to be the clay that Christ is molding us to be...not who any person on earth wants us to be or wants to sculpt us into. It's alright to be you...you are His workmanship. It's okay to feel. It's alright to have a day where you need to go aside for refreshing. You will be better for it and your family and loved ones will be happier you did it.


A long time ago we did a spiritual warfare study at the church we attended at the time. The teacher was from Last Days Ministries and his name was Dean Sherman. I remember a few things about that teaching but I specifically remember this point, "Don't let yourself, hear yourself, say anything about yourself, that God doesn't say about you." If you are thinking thoughts about yourself and how crummy you are, stop it!


Study the Scripture. See what the Lord God Almighty has written. Hear the things the Lord, the Creator of Everything says about you in His Book of Love...

You are a new creation!
So then, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; what is old has passed away--look, what is new has come (2 Corinthians 5:17)

You are the righteousness of God!
God made the one who did not know sin to be sin for us, so that in him we would become the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21).

You are set free in Christ!
For freedom Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not be subject again to the yoke of slavery (Galatians 5:1).

You are blessed with every spiritual blessing!
Blessed is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms in Christ (Ephesians 1:3).

You are His workmanship, created for good works in Christ!
For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them (Ephesians 2:10).

You are guarded in your heart and mind by the peace of God!
And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:7).

These are but a few of the promises of our Dear Heavenly Father and our Savior Christ Jesus!
Now...

"Let yourself, hear yourself, say everything about yourself, that God says about you"!!!


Dear Heavenly Father help us to know we do not need to perform or act or pretend but we can be honest and open with one another knowing that we are clay in the Potter's Hand. He is making us into what He desires for His purpose. We submit to Him and obey Christ. Thank you Lord for showing us your love in your Word and for your keeping power. Help us to love one another and to be kind to one another...but also to ourselves. In Jesus Name, Amen







No comments: