Tuesday, February 19, 2008

An Afternoon of Yumminess



This weekend I spent some time in the kitchen making Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins. They are so tasty that I made 3 dozen and by Monday evening they were gone! Between family and friends they didn't last long. They are the current faves around here! They are so moist and yummy I'll share the recipe here for you to try it.

The pretty blue dish above is really a saucer-the muffin fit nicely on the teacup center. The retro glass is a find from some dishes I got in a house I cleaned out. Did I tell you I like junk and thrifting? Those of you who know me best know this about me! This is why I spend so much time decluttering.

Pumpkin-Apple Streusel Muffins

2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
2 Cups sugar (I use 1 3/4 Cups
1 TB Pumpkin Pie Spice (I use pinches of cinnamon; ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 Cup solid pack pumpkin
1/2 Cup vegetable oil

2 Cups apples, peeled and diced thin
(optional: 1 Cup walnuts, chopped small)

Streusel Topping:
Combine 2 TB all-purpose flour
1/4 Cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Cut in 4 tsp butter, until crumbly

Wash, peel and dice apples. Set aside.

Prepare streusel topping. Set aside.


In large bowl combine first 5 ingredients. Set aside.


In medium bowl combine eggs, pumpkin and oil. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients.


Stir just until moistened.


Stir in apples (and nuts if adding) just until distributed evenly.

Spoon batter into greased muffin cups-filling 3/4 full.Sprinkle streusel topping over each cup of batter.Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes (mine were done at 30 mins.) or until toothpick comes out clean.
(You may substitute banana for pumpkin or in a pinch I've done 1/2 Cup pumpkin and 1/2 Cup banana.)



Enjoy!!!

Blessed are you when you prepare the Home-Sweet Things for your family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Glenda....I'm so glad I found you! (On Helena's blog!) I'll have to read and catch up tonight!

MommaB said...

they look wonderful will have to try them also